9 Jan 2013

Koibana Koiseyo Hanabi manga review


Synonyms: Koibana! Koiseyo Hanabi
Type: Manga
Volumes: 10
Chapters: 68
Status: Finished
Published: Aug 2007 to ?
Genres: Romance, School, Shoujo
Authors: Nanaji, Nagamu (Story & Art)
Serialization: Margaret

Have you experienced or currently experiencing loving someone who's already in a relationship? *ouch!* If yes, you might like this manga. Also, for those who haven't experienced it, you might learn something from this. :P The main protagonist is a man-hater. XD It's funny why she's disgusted of them. XD


Meet Hanabi Marui, our heroine who hates boys more than anything in the world!! When she has to decide which high school to apply to, she does it without giving it any thought - it's going to be an all-girls school! However, life's not always as easy. The school that Hanabi thought would be an all-girls high, turns out to be not only co-ed but also consists of mostly boys! How will Hanabi deal with this situation...?


I thought it would be a typical shojo drama, where a girl who hates guys will fall in love with a handsome guy, then go out and from time to time, some problems will arise. - but after I've read it, I knew, it isn't like that at all. It shows you that it isn't that easy to make someone fall for you and also the problems between friends, lovers, ex-lovers etc.
I like this story a lot, because the plot is not only about the main girl, but also the lifes of her friends are partly shown. You can see many different characters and how they behave and what they actually are thinking.


The main girl isn't perfect - She makes many mistakes, but this makes the story more realist. There are many situations, where (I think) most of the people would have done the same. I could really put myself in her shoes.
I also like the main guy, who can often guess what the girl thinks and say it straight forward. The narcissistic, already-taken popular guy. XD Who gets frustrated knowing someone can't be charmed by his beauty. o.O He's some kind of a bully, in a different way though. :P  


I must admit, that at the beginning of this story, I thought that the behavior of the female protagonist is quite annoying. But gradually, I like her and the story more and more.The art is really nice. All in all, I think this story is really great. Only the beginning is rather cliquey. But its realistic. I would definitly recommend it.





No comments:

Post a Comment